Monday, May 15, 2017

New Podcast Ep & Where I'll Be This Week! (Also $1.99 E-Book!)

Lots going on this week! First off, there is a new episode of the Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire podcast available. This week's guest is Alyssa Palombo, historical fiction author of The Violinist of Venice and The Most Beautiful Woman in Florence. Alyssa joined me to talk about querying a novel that wasn't ready yet, immersing herself in the time period of her characters, the shifting standards of beauty from age to age, and how to balance blogging and writing fiction.



I have two appearances this week. Tuesday, May 16th @ 6PM I will be at the Barberton Public Library to discuss Blood, Brains & Lobotomies. By that I mean I'll be discussing A Madness So Discreet. Learn about how doctors treated brain injuries in the 1890’s and the different aspects of care for the mentally ill – for better or for worse. Also included is a brief history of The Athens Lunatic Asylum, the setting for the novel.



I will also be at the Strongsville Branch of the Cuyahoga County Library on Wednesday May 17 @ 7 PM, where I'll be discussing the many different threads and inspirations that came together to become Given to the Sea, my first fantasy.

And - the e-book of A Madness So Discreet is still only $1.99!




No comments: